Placing the Indian competence in the world map
India’s wealth of human resources puts it in an enviable position. Specially because the quality of the resources available is very high. That there is a perennial demand for qualified Indians, irrespective of socio-political factors, is of no surprise.
The Government of Tamilnadu realized the multiple advantages in meeting this demand. More Indians working abroad would mean greater inflow of foreign exchange, improvement in the quality of life of the families of such Indians and a step towards solving ever-growing unemployment problem. Also there is a large number of Indians aspiring to work abroad.
The Overseas Manpower Corporation Limited (OMC) was thus incorporated in 1978. The chief objective being promoting employment of Indian manpower in foreign countries. Since incorporation, OMC has widened its scope to :
- Function as recruiting agent of Indian manpower for Employment abroad.
- Promote and establish joint industrial ventures aborad-on its own or on behalf of the Government.
- Raise necessary financial resources from Indians abroad for projects in India
- Promote and takes steps to intensify exports of traditional and non-traditional items.
- Identifying & Supplying Qualified, Experienced, & Dedicated Human Resource.
- To supply manpower to Overseas employers .
- To supply manpower to domestic employers.
- Assisting canditates to Obtain attestation of certificate from the appropriate authorities.
- Facilitating skill training and launguage training
OMC is a limited company established by Government of Tamil Nadu as early as 1978 with an authorized share capital of Rs. 50 lakhs. Its main objective is to secure suitable overseas placements for the Indian professionals, skilled workers and others, who are desirous of securing jobs abroad. The Corporation also holds a valid registration certificate issued by Government of India, Ministry of Labour, as required under the Emigration Act, 1983, to perform the functions of a recruiting agency . The Corporation is governed by a Board of Directors comprising the following officials:
|1. Thiru . KUMAR JAYANT, I.A.S.,
(Principal Secretary )
|CHAIRMAN AND MANAGING DIRECTOR|
|2. Thiru H. KRISHNAN UNNI, I.A.S.,
(Deputy Secretary to Government, Finance Department)
|3. Tmt. S. AMIRTHA JOTHI, I.A.S.,
(Joint secretary to Government, Labour and Employment Department)
|4. THIRU. DINESH PONRAJ OLIVER I.A.S.,
(Director of Rehabilitation and Welfare of Non-Resident Tamils)
Our Resources & Strength
- Dedicated website (www.omcmanpower.com) having a database and C.Vs of Active job seakers.
- Rich experiance in sourcing large number of Medical and Para-Medical personnel, Engineers, Techinicians Teaching professonal, Skilled and Unskilled Workers, etc.,
- Network with District Employment Offices, Government Industrial Training Institutes and Polytechnics, Tamilnadu Medical, Nursing & Midwives Councils, Tamilnadu Skill Development Corporation to source candidates.
- Reputation of being a Government organization which is in the field of Overseas Recuritment for the past 40 Years.
- The Corporation maintains computerized Data Bank in which bio-data of personnel in various disciplines right from Doctors and Engineers down to skilled and unskilled labourers are maintained.
- Based on the client's requirement, OMC screens several candidates and gives the best suited shortlisted candidates.
- In case of dearth of suitable candidates in its Data Bank, candidates are mobilized through advertisement.
- Besides advertisement or without resorting to advertisement, OMC issues press releases regarding recruitment, to be published as editorial matter free of cost in Newspapers published from Tamilnadu to mobilize candidates.
- After the CV's are shortlisted, interview is arranged at Chennai in its own spacious premises. In case of bulk recruitment, interview can be arranged at any Cities in India.
- OMC undertakes the responsibility of receiving the Delegates at airport and facilitate to arrange hotel accommodation for them.
- OMC holds the finally selected candidates until Visa is arranged and arranges their deployment on the date specified by the fourien employers observing all the required formalities.
- Its excellent rapport with various Foreign Missions and Emigration authorities quickens the Visa and Emigration process.